We love some good mixology and trying fun potions and concoctions whether that’s on a little self-date or enjoying quality time with our gang. As this year comes to a close and we all get to wind down a bit, why not try something new that might spice things up a notch? We’re here to talk about all things CBD cocktails and that unique vibe they bring to the table. Let’s dive into the what and why before getting into some of our absolute favorites.
CBD, booze, and the sober movement
Like with anything intoxicating, we believe in the well-informed approach. Understanding the pros and cons of mixing CBD and booze is always important so you can set yourself up for a safe night (or day) of fun fun fun. So, why do people like CBD cocktails anyways? Well, anecdotal reports show a potential amplified calming effect along with an all-around positive buzz. Sound too good to be true? Well, there can be side effects when done improperly so let’s read up on some tricks so you can indulge in all the good stuff:
- Maybe skip the THC: Full-spectrum CBD has 0.3% THC or less, accounting for potential side effects as a result when making CBD cocktails. If THC has never been your thing or you’re sensitive to substances, opt for a broad-spectrum or isolate product that doesn’t have any of it. If THC concerns you, always err on the side of caution and find a THC-free tincture to infuse your cocktails with.
- Don’t be that person: You know who we’re talking about! Don’t be that person that decides to not eat because you’re in a rush to get to the party, watching calories, or want to get lit AF. Being sloppy and putting yourself at risk isn’t cute and can actually ruin the whole vibe. One study reported that drinking booze along with taking CBD on an empty stomach led to severe side effects among 80% of the participants. Do yourself a favor and get some food in before or during your cocktail sesh.
- Microdose your CBD cocktails: We love a good microdose especially since self-experimentation is essential for finding that perfect buzz with CBD cocktails. Microdosing your CBD in your fave cocktail recipe can help minimize the risk of side effects like drowsiness, headaches, and fatigue. Start with 1-5mg of CBD in your cocktail and see where the night takes you!
- Main character energy: We love a good moment when everyone’s reveling in the vibes and feeling themselves with all mental faculties in check. The sober movement is quite a beautiful one and if you’re not into booze, CBD mocktails are the perfect option for social settings and self-care ideas. Period.
Plus, studies show potential when it comes to cannabis preventing alcohol toxicity – sounds like CBD cocktails might be a win-win! Another fun fact, CBD might also offer therapeutic potential for helping lower alcohol consumption and maybe another puzzle piece for treating alcoholism. And if you’re already in the sober era of your life, CBD mocktails can be a fun way to enjoy all the other potential wellness benefits that cannabinoids have to offer!
CBD frosé recipe
Image credit: Craft Gin Club
A drink so tasty that it’s served year-round, the one and only frosé just hits different. Our CBD-infused version will have your mind transported to a beachy paradise where the drinks and sunsets are on repeat. Without further ado, let’s dive right into this otherworldly sweet treat.
Ingredients: (4 servings)
- 1 bottle of dry rosé
- 2 cups frozen watermelon
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- Hoo Raa Rain cloud repellent
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Add all ingredients along with one full dropper of our Rain cloud repellent for about 10mg of CBD per serving into a blender.
- Blend until smooth, garnish with lime wedges and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks: Try this recipe alcohol-free by swapping the 750ml bottle of rosé for lemon seltzer water.
CBD adaptogenic yin and yang cocktail recipe
Adaptogens are such a yummy twist for cocktail and mocktail lovers alike. This scrumptious recipe features all things stress-busting and wellness-loving like ashwagandha, shatavari, and CBD. Our favorite part? It’s a complete knockout with or without the vodka, you can thank us later!
Ingredients: (1 serving)
- 4 oz apple kombucha
- 2 oz vodka
- ½ dropper ashwagandha tincture
- ½ dropper shatavari tincture
- Hoo Raa Rain cloud repellent
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- For the mocktail version, omit the vodka and up the apple kombucha to 6 oz instead of 4.
- For the mocktail version, add half to a full dropper of our Rain cloud repellent for 20-40mg of CBD. For the cocktail version, add a quarter dropper for 10mg of CBD.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over ice.
Tips and tricks: Try adding adaptogens and CBD to your favorite mocktail recipe for a bioavailable approach to all the potential mental perks. If you don’t have ashwagandha and shatavari in tincture form, add 250mg of each in powder form to this recipe and add 1 teaspoon of grated ginger instead.
Hoo Raa CBD cocktail + mocktail hour
We love feeling our best – whether that’s with a CBD cocktail or mocktail in our system, we’re here for it. Experimenting with CBD and mixology can be such a fun date night be it with significant others, friends, or yourself. We welcome you to join our cocktail hour by offering the dreamiest CBD pleasure and wellness products available. Level up with your own fave recipes by shopping now or giving us a shout anytime!